Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Update

This was one of those rare perfect weekends where I didn't work, did many fun things, and spent time with people I really like. Activities included:

-Painting blank Matryoshka dolls (I brought them back from Russia, but you can buy them here) with the amazing Amanda.
-Taking a long walk to the local flea market and finding some great Christmas presents (yes, I plan ahead).
-Going to the Renegade Craft Fair's first SF appearance. I met so many talented people, was inspired by all the creativeness, and got a few gems.
-A surprise visit from a bike repairing friend who fixed my ailing cruiser.-Spontaneous trip to the MoMa to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit. I've never been a huge fan, but I now like her a lot more. I like her connection to San Francisco, her commitment to her indigenous roots, her style, and pity her tragic life.
-Church
-Crock Pot Sunday-- delicious food and really great people, orchestrated by the social genius, Rebecca.

No comments: