The point of this post is not to get you to listen to them (though you really should), but rather to go out on a limb. I'm just gonna go out and say it. There are some people that have super unique and amazing style, and they end up being influential. I felt that way about Gwen Stefani when I saw her perform in 1993-- way before she'd launched L.A.M.B. And I felt it last night watching Kianna Alarid perform with Tilly last night. She's who we're all going to be dressing like soon.
This is the most representative picture I can find of her super unique and awesome style, though she is way cuter in real life. As my friend Rebecca describes the feeling it's mainly stuff "I'll be comfortable wearing in maybe 6 months". Things to crib from this picture include:
- Pin up girl style bob and finger curls
- Platinum is blah, white is rad
- If you're going to get a tattoo, a super hipster Spanish "Mom" is definitely the way to go.
- What is matching? Bold colors and patterns together.
- Opaque (or shiny) tights and leggings make everyone's legs look rocking, and make it possible to pull off some tops you wouldn't be able to otherwise.
- No freckles, no problem-- paint some on!