Monday, July 07, 2008

Hate to Say

I told you so, but I'm definitely not above it either. Remember way back when Ali gave me a nice little shout out? You may have noticed the horse ribbons. I've been pimping these to friends for the last few years. Something about the style, the ribbon, the glory of winning-- who knows what-- captured my imagination. I've been looking for ways to incorporate them into my house, my totes, and my outfits.
Turns out, I'm now in good company-- that of bloggers and Teen Vogue editors alike. Jessica Grindstaff is the artist behind the ribbons in the Teen Vogue shoot, and I've got to give it up for her twist.

ant some of your own? I've been known to part with some of my vintage stash on occasion, or you can try this ebay search.

2 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

I just got my amazing bracelets! I love them. I will resize those pictures tonight. We have been crazy lately...it feels like a revolving door of neighborhood children all day every day. So tonight!

Mary said...

Emily, horses on ribbons are way better than skulls. The whole skulls on clothing/shoes etc. is over-rated anyway. I think it's on it's way out. At least in London, the only people who wear them seem to be American. Perhaps the whole skull on ribbon thing is a last ditch-attempt to bring them back.

The point is, you're better than teen vogue.