Thursday, October 16, 2008

Becoming Sarah Palin

Normally this blog is all about pretty things and people. But, given the importance of the upcoming election, I hope you'll indulge me. This article from Slate on Sarah Palin's speech (found via D.Sharp) is very interesting-- remember diagramming sentences in jr. high English?
On a more serious note, I do think that it is imporant to really know what's going on in this campaign. I recommend this article (and the New Yorker in general) for the thoroughness of its research on the facts. Every news outlet has some bias, but ones with a lot of fact checking are better.

If you are a US citizen and haven't registered to vote. Please do so NOW.

1 comment:

evencleveland said...

I actually got to cast my vote today - Ohio is doing this rad open early voting thing.

And this sentence diagram is simultaneously frightening and hilarious.