Saturday, August 02, 2008

Babies having Babies

Growing up my sister Hillary was the baby of the family*. She was always well heeled, coordinated, organized and cute. Her baby, Nora Jane (age 8 days) will doubtlessly be the same way. Love this picture of Nora Jane taken by Kristine McNairy. I think the idea of a birth announcement with the baby on a vintage scale** is genius. You could also do cute ones with measuring tapes or rulers.
*Hillary was brutally replaced as baby of the family at the age of 10. This lead to many painful conversations with our parents, about why they would "do IT again after 10 years", not name the baby "Linguine Alfredo", and why telling everyone it was my baby was not a good strategy.
**Yes, that scale is accurate. At birth NJ was a very healthy 8lbs 9 ozs.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Nora Jane is so pretty. She looks just like me! Her favorite aunt. I still kinda wish they had named her Mary Junior though. I guess there is still time...

Lindy Johnson said...

she is so cute. do you love being an aunt? i always did/do (though i have much less energy to lavish attention on my nephews now that i have my own bunch to worry about)!

Lane said...

Ah, she is adorable! I love the name, too.

I was secretly very pleased that you found occasion to include the "Why would you do it again, after ten years!?" story on your blog :)

Laura Tanner said...

So cute, and such a fun picture.

Monica said...

What a great idea! Perfect photo for a birth announcement.

hillary and britton said...

thanks Em! I can't wait for you to meet her. You failed to mention however, that by the time Jane came around I was quite happy and composed with the whole idea of being ousted as the youngest, baby of the family:)