Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Ah, shucks!

Nice to get a shout how from a famous blogger of impeccable tastes (who I'm lucky to count as a friend)! Ali did a post on this spread from Life Magazine on small Utah towns in the 1950's. In high school and college my friends and I would often go on day trips to random towns. The names are amazing-- LaVan (that's navel backwards, located in the middle of the state), Parowan, Laverkin etc. etc. In one of those funny coincidences, the same day I stumbled across the Life spread, I'd just finished reading the latest Anthology Mag, which has a piece on a house in Toquerville Utah-- one of the towns feature in Life.Images from Life Magazine via Ali via BYU Museum of Art; photography by Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange.

1 comment:

ali said...

This was actually via YOU, Miss. Thanks for sharing a good idea.